Can't get it out of Reverse!!!

I recently bought a 84 Saab 900 Turbo. The guy mentioned he redid the engine brackets and thusly didn't align 5th gear correctly (it would grind if you attempted to upshift into 5th). So last night I got in and was backing myself into my turnaround on my driveway when I found myself stuck in Reverse. Today when I get into it, I find that neutral is there, but it feels like the entire shifter shifted (no pun intended) so I only have Reverse available to me.

I read on some sites that it could be the shift linkage. How do I check this? Adjust it? Fix it? Get it out of Reverse? HELP!!!

Reply to
donfanning