cd changer

I am looking for a cd changer I can hook up to the existing cabling in the trunk of my 2003 9-3 and use the existing radio controls on the dash. Is there anything like this out there for the 2003 9-3?

Reply to
Richard Erde

Yes - your Saab Main Dealer will have one. AFAIK in all recent models the cd changer is a SAAB supply item only and has to be electronically matched to your radio and car by the dealer.

The only way around this is to install a changer with an rf output which plugs into the aerial input at the rear of the radio - involves wiring from head unit to boot(trunk), seperate control unit at dash, tune radio station to cd frequency - Sony and others can supply (Sony do a changer with MP3 solution like this also) - not as smooth but a lot cheaper if you can DIY

Reply to
me

Thanks. I was hoping that some where out there was a unit that was plug-compatible with the wiring already in the trunk and a lot cheaper than the Saab unit.

Reply to
Richard Erde