Check Gear Box HELP!!!!

Hi Guys. First thanks for any help I receive, it's appreciated. My problem. My wife has a 1999 Saab 9.5 v-6 automatic. Both the check engine and check gear box lights are on. I have had the following done. I replaced the neutral saftey switch, and had the trans serviced at a Saab dealership. Now their telling me the trans is bad. I might believe it, but I have some weird info that doesn't fit a trans problem, IMO. The car, with the lights on, runs perfect sometimes. However at times the car needs 4000-4200 rpm's to move the car. I can turn the car off, turn it back on, and the car runs perfect. But, it always goes back to taking lots of rpm to move the car. Again, IMO, the car goes into limp mode that's why it takes so much to get the car to move.

My question, could this possibly be a ignition switch problem?? Is this how a bad trans would act? It seems strange the car at times runs perfect. Then during the same drive, slips the trans. It reminds me of a car that is going in and out of OD at higher speeds.

Any help would be great. I really don't feel like putting a trans in this car. Thanks Guys

Chad

Reply to
cspeier