check latches on 97 900se convertible

Hi, re: check latches on 97 900se convertible

I occasionally get the message 'Check Latches' on the Screen/Computer. Normally this means the pressure I have used, by way of the latches, to secure the roof are not firm enough and so I just increase the pressure of the screw thread on the latch itself to do this. 9 out of 10, this works a treat. I have notice the message coming back with more frequency over the last few months however.

My question is around the sensor which monitors and so produces this 'check latches' statement. Where is it, does it need cleaning/replacing from time to time? Could a 'dirty' sensor lead to errors in reporting that there is a problem with the latches?

cheers in advance on any constructive comments!

Andy

Reply to
Andy