Classic 900 speed sensor - signal type?

Trying to integrate a Blaupunkt satnav box into the car, and it

*looks* as if the blue wire next to the back of the speedo should do what I want. Unfortunately, it's not being detected by the Blaupunkt satnav box, and figuring out what's coming out of it with a digital multimeter is proving tricky... Can anyone tell me if it's the right place to be looking on the cruise control circuit for an '85 Saab, and if not where might be a better place to put a probe...
Reply to
James Osborne