Climate control for 900

I'm thinking about replacing the manual heater/aircon controls in my 1995

900 with a climate control unit from a later model. I've been told that the heater 'box' is the same but I will need to install the servo's to operate the controls, the wiring harness, the cabin heat sensor, the dash mounted sensor, and the dash controls. I called my local wrecker and he said it would be cheaper to buy a new car. Has anyone out there attempted this, and if so is it very difficult.

TIA

Peter Wallington

PS: Does anyone know where I can get a completer CC assembly for a good price.

Reply to
Peter Wallington

I am just the opposite. If there is a way to replace the ACC in my SAAB's with a manual one, I'll do it in a heartbeat.

Reply to
yaofeng

Why would you do that?. It's a very cool feature (pardon the pun).

The installation of the manual controls should be fairly straight forward.

Reply to
Peter Wallington

I don't like the idea of not having knobs to adjust fan speed. I am also used to the idea of adjusting temperature ans mixing heat with AC with a dial rather than letting the deigital read out control it.

I may be wrong but I don't think it is easy, or even possible to switch from ACC to manual with all the claptrap already built-in the system. At least I do not know of anyone who has done it before.

Reply to
yaofeng

When did ACC appear on 900's? I'd love to have that feature, just set and forget, just like in the house.

Reply to
James Sweet

According to the Saab mechanics who look after my 900 the job is not that difficult (at least not to them anyway). I have been told that the heater/aircon 'box' is the same, the only difference being that instead of cable controls (for the manuals models) they have little servo motors mounted on the heater box, which are connected to the CC panel, which opens/shuts them as required.

Reply to
Peter Wallington