Coil Pack

Hello all,

My 99 9-5 wagon (2.3 turbo) had a coil pack meltdown in Winnemucca NV about

4 weeks ago. According to the mechanic, the place he bought the part says this is a quite common part to fail. Are there any symptoms that I should be aware of? Anything else it may be indicitave of?

Thanks,

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

If coil pack is the same than direction injection cassette (red thing (if Trionic5) in top of the engine that attaches to spark plugs), it is common to fail. Some are pessimistic enough to have replacement cassette in trunk, but I haven't done that. In some cases it does not fail ever, sometimes it causes misfire or idling problems before it finally fails and sometimes it just snaps without any prior indication.

Don't worry, if it goes, it goes. Cost is about $200, I've been told. It is easy to replace, so If you want to be sure, keep one in trunk with required tool (torx). It takes couple of minutes to replace. Dealer may suggest replacing cabling harness as well, but that is quite often not necessary.

BR:Z

Reply to
Zon

It is Direct Ignition cassette, not Direction Injection cassette.

The DI cassette is red on cars with Trionic 5 (9000, ng900, older og9-3), black on 4 cylinder cars with Trionic 7 (9-5, newer og9-3) and bare aluminium on 6 cylinder cars with Trionic 7 (V6 9-5).

Reply to
Goran Larsson

Of course, ... sorry

BR:Z