cold weather...front struts, round 2 (04 9-3ss aero)

As the cold weather has once again reached us here in New England, I find my front struts getting noisy again. It's usually just on cold mornings...drive around and I hear a low-level, but certainly audible, clunking sounds coming from the front struts. Later in the day as the temps go up, the sounds are gone.

I had the dealer take the car overnight last year, and sure enough they heard it too, thought it was odd, then simply replaced the struts and the problem disappeared...at least until the cold weather came back this season.

Anyone heard this on theirs?

- tex

Reply to
Tex

My car (2004 9-3 Aero) is definitely noiser in the cold weather (I'm also in New England). When the suspension compresses, you can hear it, which doesn't happen even in slightly warmer (above 30F or 40F) weather. The first time it happened, I was going probably a little too fast over a railroad crossing and thought I had bottomed-out the front spoiler because it made sort of a scraping sound.

Reply to
Shane Almeida

Sometimes that will happen because of the snow/slush deposits that have built up in the rear of each wheel well. Then you hit a big bump and

*crunch*! It can be a bit scary when it happens...
Reply to
Malt_Hound