Copies of 900T Key

I got my 85' saab 900T yesterday, and the first thing that happens when I put gas in it... the fu$%ing key breaks. Luckily, I was able to pull out the part that was in the ignition without damaging it, put another key in and off I went. However... this leaves me with only one key. I have a bad habit of losing those buggers. My wife will tell you that if my arse wasn't attached, I'd lose that too. So... Can anyone here tell me places they've been able to get copies of their keys made(aside from the dealer)? I live in indianapolis, so any midwest chains or places in indy would be great. So far, I've went to Menards, Meijer, Lowe's, Walmart(most of the common retail places) to get a copy made, but nothin' doin'.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Larry

Reply to
LC

I've had copies of c900 keys made at my local True Value hardware store, no problem. They had the relevant blanks on hand. This was in southeastern PA.

John

Reply to
John B

I had a duplicate key made for a Classic 900 at Home Depot and it did not work well. I went to a real, licensed and trained locksmith and got duplicate keys made that work. Use the web or the phone book to find a real locksmith to have duplicate keys made.

Reply to
ma_twain

Meyer's hardware in Golden, CO. "Do it Best" chain.

Charles.

Reply to
Charles

I found one, Ace Hardware in Plainfield IN, just off US 40.

Thanks guys!

-LC

Reply to
LC