Cracked Oil Pan, 2000 9-3

My daughter's 9-3 had a slightly cracked oil pan that's been replaced. It's now a garage trophy at my house. Has anyone had one of these fixed? Is the pan made of something other than aluminum? Any luck selling a used repaired one?

Thanks for any info.

John S. Hameline john snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
John S. Hameline

ma_twain

Mine's steel. Phil Brown

Reply to
Phil Brown

In article , 'nuther Bob spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

With the right wire and gas I think you can Mig it too. Which might be a more usuable "See if we can save it" exercise.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

You would need one big bastard mig to weld a sump. With your average 180A mig you can just about cope with 2-3mm plate. Tig would definitely be my chosen tool.

However, there are several aluminium 'welding' kits around which are effectively a high temperature aluminium solder. These would be perfectly adequate for this application. In the UK, MachineMart do them.

Reply to
Grunff

Reply to
ma_twain