cruise control ?

on an 87 9000t the cruise lndicator does not light in the info panel on dash even though the cruise works fine any ideas?

Reply to
spinectomy

If the cruise is working fine, then your bulb is out.

It's a bit of work - but at your current running vintage it might be wise to pull the dash and renew the bulbs generally before you start losing other dash lights mid-winter.

You should at least make sure you are getting basic engine lights by turning the key to the run position without starting up and making note of what lights do come up.

Reply to
Dexter J

I appreciate the info on the cruise, the speedometer is also malfunctioning, at a rate of approx. ten +/-mph when driving, would this be a transducer or cable related problem? Does this car use a speedo cable or is the entire dash cluster electronic? Obviously I havn't torn into it that far , previous Saab was an 87 900s and it gave me over 500,000k on the same engine before going to the great Saab site in the sky!

Reply to
spinectomy

Actually - your engine will likely go as long given it's pretty much just a later version of the same engine.

The speedo is I think a hard cable.

Could still just simply age. Cables need to be lubed, bulbs need to be changed. However, the two symptoms might suggest that you may be getting a little water back there. Are you getting a little leak from the sunroof or windscreen lately? Car seem overly steamy as it gets warmed up?

Anyway, it's a delicate job if you don't want to crack your top dash - but I would remove the top (which means the front too) and have a peak around with an eye to maintenance leg-over.

Nothing perks up your working SAAB more than a solid regiment of silicon grease, fresh vacuum line and a thorough contact cleaning behind the dash in my books.

Remember, it doesn't always appreciate a stranger up there nearly as much as it does it's regular honey. I always felt they were just kinda shy that way myself.

.. :) ...

Reply to
Dexter J