Dead Key Fob Battery

Hi all

I have a Saab 2000 9-3 conv and got to it this morning to find that my remote locking wouldn't work - unlocked the doors manually and tried the ignition and 'zilch'. (I'm a 'not very handy' female so bear with me!) The past couple of days my SID has been nagging me to replace my key battery which I though would be ok til the weekend so I'm guessing (hoping) that this must be completely dead and this is the problem. Does anyone know if, once it's replaced, I need to do anything special to reset the code. Or, worse still, if it'll need resetting my a dealer! I can't find my manual so I'm hoping somewhere out there will know!

cheers in advance Sandi

Reply to
sandiuk

Without looking at my owners manual - I believe you press the unlock 4 times in quick succession

Reply to
why, me

You just have to press the lock 5 times (owners manual)

Reply to
Pivert

Since you mentioned this, I'll take the opportunity to point out a couple things about Saabs that you might not know:

- if the remote goes dead and you locked the car with it previously, you will _not_ be driving that car until you replace the batteries.

- you can change batteries anytime, no dealer programming necessary. When I notice that the distance from which I can unlock the car is decreasing, I replace them.

- if you have only one remote, get another one *now*. You will have to have the dealer program it. However, if you lose the only working remote to a Saab you will spend $1-2K for a new computer. You can buy a duplicate remote on Ebay if you like, but you will need to have the dealer program it *before* you lose your only remote.

Reply to
Bob