dim stall

Tonight upon leaving the highway from a 15km drive, our car, 94' 9000cs, stalled on the off ramp. The dash lights dimmed, then it simply died. We pulled over, set flashers on, then re-started as if nothing had happened. I immediately checked the volt meter which read a steady 14.1. It has been wickedly cold here, (-20 to -25 without windchill at the time). Could it simply have been an overburden on the charge system? All lights, seat heaters full, full fan, rear defrost etc. were on. Just looking for ideas and or similar experiences. Oh, it has a brand new battery and terminals. Thanks.

Reply to
Ashortt

Are you sure you didn't lose any time when this happened? Sounds like a classic alien abduction/close encounters situation. :)

Although those UFO pilots must be mad bastards to fly in this weather.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Could be lots of things, but a small vac leak is the most likely thing.

Reply to
Grunff

Could be some water/ice in the gas and fuel line. Try adding a bottle of fuel injector cleaner, the kind that also takes water out of the gas. I had a Mazda 323 that used to do that from time to time. Would happen as soon as I decelerated. A couple of bottles of cleaner and a fill up with premium would clear it.

snipped-for-privacy@madmousergraphics.com

design, print design, photography

Reply to
LauraK

So far so good. Let's hope it was an isolated incident. I have also since noticed (by way of dash warning) that the coolant was low. Perhaps the throttle body wasn't being warmed properly. I'll update incase anyone has similar problems. Thanks for your replys.

Reply to
Ashortt