Dipstick Puzzler

I have 2 1986 900T16s. One has a black cap dipstick, the other a red cap dipstick. The level marks are different-higher on the black. Which is correct? A 4 quart oil change goes to the max mark on the red, min on the black. I'm puzzled. Phil Brown

Reply to
Phil Brown

Is it possible the dip tubes are different lengths?

Reply to
Grunff

My mistake, the black one is correct, the 16V takes 4 litres, the red is for an 8v

Reply to
jb