DIY Air filter change, 1996 9000 cs lpt

Is this a relatively easy procedure ?

Does anybody have any links to a written procedure ?

Thanks, Kirk

Reply to
dfra

If you mean the cabin air filter I think if you search on the Saabsite or Saabmaster site there are pictures. All you need is a screwdriver.

If you mean the engine air filter, with the high pressure turbo at least, one can just fit the filter in the canister after the three clips are unfastened but it is very very tight and may result in a distortion of the new filter. On our 94CSE and 98CSE I have found that if you disconect the pipe to the 'hooter' valve temporarily it allows the lid of the canister to be moved aside just enough to allow easy removal and insertion of the filters.

Good luck, R. Frist

Reply to
R. Frist

Depends how strong you are. The air filter cap with 3 fasteners, after unclipping these, the cap has to be pushed outward in the direction of the air hose, but this require some strength. I put a blanket over the wing to protect it from scratches when I lean over the engine bay to push back the air hose. Neighbours look at this with some suspicion...

In principle it's simple, you can see what needs to be done, but room is tight.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Tried to remove old one just to see. Very difficult. Not much space.

Any advice on best place to order K&N or similar air filter ?

Reply to
dfra