Door Lock

I am Having trouble getting into my 1999 Saab 9-5. The key goes in just fine but will not let me turn it either direction. I put a little more force on it and it broke loose and spun around but nothing happened to the locks. I have heard a few stories about a deadbolt mechanism that is activated when the door is locked from the outside when the passenger side door is open. I was wondering if there was any truth to this. Also the temperature has been below freezing for about a week but I have been locking it and unlocking it on a daily basis util it locked up on me. Any information would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

Reply to
Sabin

I have just recently come across an 88 isuzu trooper with no key to the ignition. Is there anyway to have a key made from the VIN number?

Reply to
Sabin

Probably, but did you maybe intend this to go to a different group?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Sorry about that is this all Saab?

Reply to
Sabin

And if so do you know a group I can talk to?

Reply to
Sabin

Erm... alt.autos.isuzu maybe?

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Maybe there's an alt.autos.isuzu?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

There is, I just checked. There's alt.autos just about any brand you can think of.

Reply to
James Sweet

or 4x4 Car, Suvs & Trucks - top of the index. Meanwhile, why not visit a locksmith. IME good ones can usually scan a lock and then cut a key to the right blank. Else you could just pull the barrel with a slidehammer and then use a screwdriver, but that sort of attracts Police attention when they stop you for a random check and see a dirty great screwdriver on the console and the ignition lock missing .... I was actually driving my recovered but lockless stolen vehicle home having started it that way when it happened to me! Cheers

Reply to
hippo