Electric Seat

Hello New Problem w/ 1997 900 SE Turbo Convertible. Last night my wife tells me that the passenger seat adjusting doesn't work - electric seats - all of a sudden stopped. Yup, I check the fuses...but they are fine. So I get on the garage floor (first time I've had a car in the garage ever!) and start poking around. Eventually with a flashlight, I see a thing loose on the floor of the car under the seat, in between what looks like servo motors. I reach for it, it's loose and I grab it. It's a bosch relay of some sort, about 1/2" cube. I find part # on it, google search and it comes up as a bosch relay. I search under the seat, which is tough because there is NO room under there. I look for a similar deal under the driver seat and don't see it there. Help!.

Matt

Reply to
Emmy Dubbs

Matt,

It looks like the relay should plug into a socket somewhere near the front edge of the seat bottom, up underneath. You may need to get a mirror to see up there. The orientation should be horizontal, with the relay pins toward the front of the car.

Good luck,

-Fred W

Reply to
The Malt Hound

Fred

Very nice, with your help only took me about a half hour to find the socket...although it was exactly where you said it would be. Turns out, there are two sockets for a relay. The first one I plugged it into did not work. So I pulled it and plugged it into the second socket and that made the seat work. Any idea what the second socket would be for?

Thanks a ton (metric ton if your over there) Saved me couple hundred $ plus time.

Matt

Reply to
Emmy Dubbs

Matt,

Sorry, I don't know what the other socket is for. But luckily, it's not very important anymore, right?

Glad to be of some help

-Fred W I am in the US, but we still prefer to save a metric ton!

Reply to
The Malt Hound

I think that the second socket is for seat memory

Reply to
Splitscreen