Engine keeps running

My father has just bought a 1997 9000 2.3t CSE and it has a strange problem.

If the headlight switch is in the off position, the ignition key switch works fine. If the headlights are on, when you switch the key off and even take the key out, the engine keeps running.

Any ideas?

Bob

Reply to
The Brown & Ollis-Brown Family

Bob,

I have seen this problem a couple of times before. The headlight switch has short and back feeds the ignition switch. Remove the headlight switch and I bet the car works fine. In both cases, replacement of the headlight switch was the fix.

Good Luck, Steve Crowe, Saab Master Tech

Reply to
Steve Crowe