Engine preferences

Does anybody have a strong preference for what engine is the best in a Saab 900 convertible? I had a '93 900S convertible with 2.3L non-tubo engine and 4sp automatic. Didn't like it's sluggish feel especially with the AC on and 2 or 3 adult passengers. Maybe a manual transmission would help? I've heard that the 6 cyl engines were more prone to repair. Was very impressed with my first Saab and want to get another soon. I'd like to try the turbo 2.0L engine in my next Saab.

Reply to
Paul Merriman

2.0L 16V Turbo, manual transmission is the only way to go for a 900.
Reply to
James Sweet

Every time.

Reply to
Grunff

Actually, it was a 2.1L in your '93. The 2.3L will not fit on the C900 transmission.

2.0Turbo or 2.3Turbo is the only way to fly.

KeithG

Paul Merriman wrote:

Reply to
KeithG

Definitely!

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

No other transmission - its got to be the manual! Don't forget the red box either!

Reply to
ma_twain

Accept no substitutes !!

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Paul Merriman schrieb:

I drive an 9000 Aero. The best Saab ever! A Saab without turbo isn't a real Saab ;-)

365Nm @ 1800rpm I love it so much!

but the brakediscs are bad, overheat to fast an go damage... :-( the gearbox could be better often problems with second gear by fast shifting ... :-(

forget the 6 cyl its a opel engine! forget 9 5 Aero it's nearly a opel, many engines blowed off over

100.000Km... @ 9000 Aero 350.000km and more at heavy driving no problem!
Reply to
unknown

If you think about it, my 9000 2.0 lpt is 99% the same car. Just less stressed and probably more reliable for that reason. Tuning potential as well if that's what you want.

Then don't.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen