Engine rebuild on an '85 900 SPG

Hello all, Its been a while for me. I am rebuilding an engine for my 1986 900 T. The engine is out of an '85 SPG, and is in pretty good shape for its age (70k mi). I am looking for a larger alternator than the 100 amp thatis on it. DOes any one lnow where I can locate one for the older 900s?

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy

I suspect you can put in a different alternator but the problem may be the drive for it. I think the 84 up 900's use the two-belt setup (my 83's and older all have single-belt drive for the alternator), but is that the same with all the later alternators? Maybe you can get a generic one that's about the right physical size and the right output capacity and get a pulley that suits the arrangement with the existing alternator?

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

1993s had twin belts.