Engine stops using power window

Hi, Here's my problem: I have a 1987 Saab 900 coupe with power windows. For some reason when I close the passenger side window the engine stops, there is no dimming of lights or blowing a fuse the engine just quits running as long as I'm pushing the button to close the window. When the car is not running the window works fine, again there is no dimming of lights, nor blowing a fuse. The driver's side works great. Does anyone have an Idea what is causing this to happen?

Reply to
Jon

Could well be an earthing problem. The door might share an earth with the ECU - probably behind the passenger kick-panel.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

I had a similar car in the UK and when braking hard all the doors locked!! I read that wires chafe at the door hinge and produce these funny effects.

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith