excessive road noise - 2001 9-5

My 2001 Aero has deveoped excess road noise many at low speeds. I think the its the front right. It does appear to quiet down on the freeways. I had it checked at the dealer (was covered under the no cost maintaince) and they couldnt find anything and said it was tire noise as there was some scalloping. I rotated the tires and it might have gotten a bit better but its still quite loud. No change in tone or loudness when loading the bearings on turns so Im still thinking CV's

Any thoughts????

Reply to
rickm

what tires have you?

Reply to
José Orlando Letra

I was reading some stuff about tyres the other day.

They may get noisier as the tread wears. Maybe you've just noticed it ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I have Michelin Pilots with about 8K miles. Its sounding more like a wheel bearing.

Reply to
rickm

HUmmm..

That tire isn't a noisy one...

Reply to
José Orlando Letra

Maybe it has winter tyres on? However, if the noise hasn't been there all the time, then it's probably something different.

Reply to
Johannes

My 2001 9-5 also has a noise from the right front, thought it was the tire, I replaced and the noise is still there, it is the wheel bearing. If you search the SAAB Network you will see alot of wheel bearings are failing at about 50-70K miles.

Reply to
Walp