exh light 1985 900s

my exhaust light has been on for awhile now. manuel states light comes on every 30k miles as a reminder. And it does not indicate a failure. I did replace a pipe awhile back. (piece just ahead of muffler) is this light going to go out by itself?

thanks rod

Reply to
Rod H

We didn't have oxygen sensors on the classic 900's here in Oz, but I believe the light won't go out until you replace the sensor. I'm not sure how it's triggered to come on - perhaps one of the relays in the emission-control panel (another thing not on our Oz classic 900's) is designed to turn on the light once I detects a particular state has been reached with the sensor's response to rising engine temp?

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

Reply to
Rod H

the EXH is pretty dumb - it just counts the miles based on 'aveage' lambda life. to reset it you need to poke a switch somewhere under the dash kneeroll...

Reply to
john

thanks i will check this out. looks like i need to take a cover off first.

Reply to
Rod H