False Alarm " TIME TO SERVICE"

99 Saab 9-3

Had the 60K miles service at B&B Saab, Santa Clara, CA a couple of months ago. Very unprofessional and arrogant staff and actually managed to make my CD player inoperable. Have been too busy to go back and talk to the manager. Maybe will send a complaint to the BBB.

Anyway, the car is now 63,000 miles old and I get the "TIME TO SERVICE" on the SID. I press the Clear button and have held it for 30 seconds but the message comes back when I restart the engine. Any suggestions ?

Could this be some mistake performed at the 60K service at the dealer. The experience last time makes me question their competence. When they gave me the car, it was not even courtesy vaccum cleaned and the time etc. were not set.

Thanks for any advice.

Regards, Arvind.

Reply to
Jackie

Yes, press clear button, release, press again and keep it pressed until the SID beeps the second time and displays "SERVICED".

The service message is displayed jusy before the normal service interval (in miles or km) or after a certain time (normally 365 days) has passed since it was reset. The dealer should reset the service counters at the service. They should do this using the TECH2 diagnostics computer.

Reply to
Goran Larsson

I simply do not find them very competent. I'd love anothjer Saab service shop that's truly good in the area, but have not found a better one yet. I can endure arrogance when blended with sharp competence. I have simply not encountered either at B&B Saab yet.

Press it twice, keeping it pressed the second time.

They *never* reset the service alarm. It's such a little thing, yet so annoying after you've forked over the premium $ for the official dealer service.

Yes, lack of attention to detail.

...pablo

Reply to
pablo

I won't ever bring my car to B & B Saab again. However, Saab O Rama in Santa Cruz is excellent!

Reply to
None

How things have changed - 10, 15 years ago, their reputation was stellar. I wonder which critical person left.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

"I can endure arrogance when blended with sharp competence."

You have made my day with that quote!

Thanks and I agree!

Reply to
Scott Woh

I think Burlingame Saab is better. They helped me with a few things. Also, Nordic Motors in San Carlos is a great independent.... but I'm sure both are a long drive for you!

Reply to
Particle Salad