False Auto Alarm

I have a 1995 900S. Recently, the auto alarm has been going off for no apparent reasons. It happens somewhat randomly. Any thoughts on a better diagnosis are appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Eric snipped-for-privacy@biosys.net

Reply to
EKC

"So had mine"

I had stopped using the remote for locking the car and just using the key to secure the car then using the remote to open the doors when I got back to the car. I had decided to check it out when the weather was a bit warmer,however last weekend it was a toss up of looking after the kids or looking after my baby ,Oh buy the way it's a '1996'cs9000 I presume the door locks are similar. Well I found that when I had removed the interior door panel ( drivers side U.K.) to inspect the locking mechanism etc.I found that the key barrel itself was all bunged up with oil and dirt and a good clean was all that was required. I have just found out today that Apparently there is a small micro switch in the end of the lock that works between the central locking and the remote that confuses the alarm system.

Hope this is of help?

Reply to
Steve Alty