Faulty Outside Air Temp Sensor?

It shows cooler by 4-5 degrees, which translates to too warm in the cabin, too often, when relying on the auto climate control. Now, is that typical, for a new one too? I just have to live with it?

Reply to
Valjean

Can you just turn down the temperature you set your ACC to, by, say, 4 degrees?

Well, where the sensor is, it might _be_ that temperature. Might depend on road speed (cooling vs. radiant heat from engine compartment), or a bunch of other things. I'd sure want it to be right at 32(F) or 0(C), though. If it's not, maybe there's a calibration that can be made without replacing anything. What year/model/ACC is this question about?

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

No, it bottoms out at it's own "66"....

Yes to that, and so I'm wondering how accurate it was and is supposed to be.

1994 9000 CS turbo.
Reply to
Valjean

Should be dead-on. Going down only to 66 (I assume farenheit?!?!!) is clearly a, if not the, problem. Anyone know if this is likely to be sensor or can it be calibrated?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Such a small error in the outside sensor should not cause the interior temperature to go very wrong as the cabin air sensor should have the largest effect on the temperature control loop and thus limit the temperature of the air coming into the cabin.

Reply to
th

Reply to
Valjean

I have no idea about the details of the ACC programming, just by practical experience of the ACC and other types of similar control system like house temperature control systems. In the latter case you allow the indoor sensor to have a much larger influence on the radiator temperatures that the outdoor sensor, in some cases you may even skip the outdoor sensor completely.

Reply to
th

Reply to
Valjean

No, you d*****ad, it's Kelvin

Reply to
Yo

. Merry Christmas, and enjoy talking to yourself.

Sheesh.

Reply to
Dave Hinz