finding things under the hood

Hi, my 2001 SAAB 9-3 is the first car I have owned that has a turbo and AC. When I popped the hood i was hoping to find something that says "This is the Turbo" on it (As you can tell I know very little about motors). Where exactly is the turbo situated under the hood and what does it look like? As for the AC, do they normally make a kind of rattling noise when the compressor comes on. I can hear the noise from inside the car but not from under the hood. The noise kind of resonates inside the car. As soon as I push the ECON button the noise disapears.

thanks, keith

Reply to
Keith Gatford

In your car, it will be located on the front side of the engine (engine runs horizontally), just behind the radiator, down low, and will be hidden from view behind an aluminum heat shield. Since it is in line with the exhaust, you can find it by looking at the outlet of the exhaust manifold.

Reply to
Fred W.

"engine runs horizontally" say it all . . .

1990 900S 1993 900T
Reply to
ma_twain