Flushing Power Steering Fluid

What does this mean

to do....

Reply to
Valjean

If you're asking what I think you're asking, you want to buy a litre of new power steering fluid, and suck as much out of the power steering fluid tank as you can to make room. Pour the new in, drive the car a bit turning both directions - do this several times to get as much of the old stuff out as you can.

I suppose you could try to entirely drain the system of fluid, but that would be much more work than just trying to change it out this way. The tank for the fluid is part of the circuit - it all goes through the tank each time it goes through the pump, so you can do a good job of it by doing it this way.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Yes.. Something like that... just remember..

all saabs 1994 +, use only genuine saab steering oil, or you will be up for a new steering pump and rack very very quickly

Mike

Reply to
Saab Master Tech