Foglamp

How do you replace a front fog lamp bulb on Saab 9000 CSE?

Owner's manual explains changing bulbs except this one, and: "If other bulbs need changing, we recommend that this is done by your Saab dealer...".

Reply to
johannes

  1. I Don't have an answer, but that's funny!

  1. Put the year in a reply, it may make a difference.

Reply to
PeterD

1993, the fog lamp is embedded in the front spoiler. I have been able to change all other bulbs on the car except this one. But working front fog is not required for MOT.
Reply to
johannes

Ah, see the 900 has fog lamps that hang under the bumper, so they are much easier! As to working, around here (across the pond) if a light is installed, it must work! (stupid, IMHO...)

Reply to
PeterD

For the right side, it can be accessed via the tow flap. For the left side, you have to separate the lower aerodynamic cover from the bumper and the body. The rear end of it hooks on to the sub-frame and needs to be given a stout blow to remove it, or you can use a large screwdriver through the access holes at the rear to lever it off. Replacement is straightforward, a stout blow is need to re-hook and clip to the sub-frame.

Reply to
Paul Saccani