Follow-Up: Boost problems got fixed!

I have been posting here about my boost problem ('99 9-3 FPT), which was intermittent in the beginning, but then turned into being temperature related. At the end, I got more or less normal boost when engine was cold, but barely base boost when engine came hot. Problem also appeared sooner on hot days.

There were number of steps I took to diagnose the problem, with the help I got from this group, and problem was isolated to be either faulty BPC-valve or it's control. Saab dealer offered to diagnose the problem for $100 (or little over).

Well, instead of taking car to dealer I ordered new BPC-valve and installed that. I did that because based on WIS, blowing into C-hose should result air flow out from wastegate connection, and same should happen when blowing into R-hose. I was able to get some air through, but it was hard, and did not actually feel like WIS says 'free air flow'. So, I replaced BPC valve and bang, I got all the boost back right away! It cured the bloody thing!

I'm happy, happy, happy !!

BR:Z

Reply to
Zon

WIS?

Reply to
Bob

Very Intermittent Symptoms ? (oh - was that a W...) Wicked Intermittent Symptoms, then ? What Internetgroups Said ?

--Per

Reply to
Per Laursen

I'm sorry, I thought all Saab enthusiasts know what WIS is. It is an abbreviation of Workshop Information System, the computer software you see used in the service hall at Saab service. It contains all kinds of service, repair and diagnosing information on Saabs with pictures and everything. Very nice. It is the one that also mechanics at dealer use.

BR:Z

Reply to
Zon

OK, I remember now. You can actually purchase viewing rights on-line for a day, month, etc via GM as a consumer. It's a little pricy as a consumer product AFAIR.

Reply to
Bob

You can also find it for free if you are computer / internet / P2P savvy.

Not that I would condone such an activity...

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

Me Neither ;)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Neither would I. Now, email me a pointer, this message is reply-able.

Reply to
Bob

In article , snipped-for-privacy@ultranet.com spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

I have heard it said that electonic parts catalogues and the like can be downloaded with the like of an E-Donkey or Emule client. but I wouldn't know anything about that either ;)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Funny thing. I've heard the same thing.

-Fred W