For Sale: Locking Nut Kits

Hi, I thought that this was the appropriate newsgroup to post this on:

Please let me know if it isn't.

Thanks.

Reply to
Koolaza

Riiiight. "Here's spam for my business, tell me if I shouldn't have put it but it's out there anyway". No thanks, I don't buy from spammers.

The pleaure is all yours. Go away and stay there.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

What's the problem with this person posting a saab part for sale? Is posting an eBay listing also considered spamming? They only posted to the autos.saab group.

Reply to
Keyser Soze

The original poster didn't make it clear enough this was a Saab only part.

If he had I personally would have been happy with the "ad"

To be fair he made it clear in the subject line that it was an item for sale, just not clear that it was specifically a Saab item.

ebay items, as long as they are specifically Saab related, are allowable as far as most of the group is concerned.

Al

Reply to
Al

Thank you!

Reply to
Koolaza

Well, the first problem is he's some random guy wandering in, contributing nothing to the group, and exploiting it for free advertising. I don't think we want this to be "buy whatever car-related retail" group, but maybe I'm wrong. It'd be different if it was some guy selling his own parts rather than running a business, and then (the old, old tactic) of "Hi, here's the info, can I post it?" knowing damn well that once he asks, it's already posted.

From an individual, I don't think it is. If it's "Bob's car-o-rama, come and see our crap", then yes.

Targeted spam doesn't make it less spammy.

Reply to
Dave Hinz