Free Saab's

"Saab Automobile USA is announcing that it will offer a free new Saab to any U.S. customer who covers the distance of one million miles (or more) in a Saab that he or she originally purchased new."

nobody

You're a bit late with that one.

Already well discussed here. See previous threads.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

in article snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com, Eeyore at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 15/02/2007 08:31:

So were SAAB, IMO - they should have made a much bigger fuss over this guy and his car. A missed opportunity in many ways, which is a shame.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Isn't it just.

Mind you, Volvo missed a trick when one of their cars ticked over the two million mark a couple of years ago... as I recall...

Reply to
DervMan

Problem is that "past performance does not indicate future results..." Now Saab is GM and Volvo is Ford.

Reply to
johannes

An uncaring owner can ruin any machine.

Reply to
DervMan

One only has to drive the cars in question to know that is an extreme over-simplification.

Reply to
Fred W

True, also bad garages can run your machine. I do synt oil/filter change every 3500 miles and flush coolant every 3 years.

Reply to
johannes

Guilty as charged. Actually said companies have benefited from Saab and Volvo engine Technology.

Reply to
johannes

in article snipped-for-privacy@siznpspamefitter.com, johannes at snipped-for-privacy@siznpspamefitter.com wrote on 17/02/2007 14:21:

Oil is pretty much the cheapest engine component :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

And four of my SAABs have a Ford engine...

Reply to
MH

:)

It's ironic, really, isn't it. Personally I've always thought that Saab's best products have been a reworking of somebody elses' work. What happens now with the GM platforms is no different...

Reply to
DervMan