fuel pump check valve

Hi my car (1990 saab 9000) feeds a new fuel pump check valve and i was wondering where i could get the special tool to install the new check valve?

Reply to
es

I thought I know 9k's inside out having practically torn down my 94cs after it was wrecked. Apparently not. Where is this thing?

Reply to
yaofeng

srry it needs not feeds lol

Reply to
es

It is right on top of the fuel pump.

Reply to
es

Reply to
ma_twain

Hmmm...

My 92 9kT w/192k does not start until cranked for quite some time. Could this be the fuel pump check valve?

Also does not get the kind of mileage I would expect. Around 25 mpg max (US gallons).

Otherwise, it runs well since I replaced the vacuum hose to the TCS switch on the firewall.

Charles

Reply to
Charles

yes i bet it is the valve. it is only $10 for parts and install is ez too but the only hard part is geting the plastic fuel line to slip over the new valves nipple without breaking or crimping it. now all i need is the tool that installs the fuel line.

Reply to
es