GM900 Balky Auto Shifter

HI,

We just bought a '98 GM900 SE Turbo. Fine car with low miles. (First Saab since my '67 V4 96.) So far, it is good to be back, but I miss the freewheel and the plywood box under the rear seat.

Anyway, here is why I am writing. The otherwise OK automatic shifter is hard to put into Park, even when pulling fully on the lock-out lever. It comes out of Park normally. Is there an adjustment of the linkage that will fix this, or is some other problem indicated.

Or... do they "all do that"?

Thanks, --oh, and have you ever had the Clear button on your SID stop working? Everything else works, It just doesn't clear things like the fuel mileage and the speed alarm, no matter how long I press it. Dealer says I need a new unit, but it has to be a bad switch, right?

Turubo

Reply to
Turubo

There are adjustments at the selector lever (shifter end) and at the range switch lever (on top of the trans). Haynes manual details it comprehensively. Most important - have the trans fluid changed out yearly.

Reply to
Nilsa & Barry