Have Saab reintroduced hatchback yet?

But the interior is said to have improved on 2008 mondo. I haven't seen it though.

Reply to
johannes

Ummm, beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder. And that is exactly how they can have horse races, Graham. If everyone always bet on the same horse the whole thing wouldn't work, now would it.

As to attractiveness, I've never realy considered a hatchback as being an asthetic asset.

Reply to
Fred W

Fred W (malt snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Quite. If the c900 3- and 5-door were women, they'd be constantly asking that most dreaded of questions...

"Does my bum look big in this?"

Reply to
Adrian

LOL! That's the first thing Charlie said about the 9-3 when she saw it, "looks a bit dumpy, doesn't it? And it has a wide ass."

She still doesn't find the interior comfortable. Is it possible to get an arm rest for the front seats?

Not for her arm, so I can beat her with it at the first sign of a complaint. :)

Reply to
DervMan

I don't doubt it.

Deeply sad though it is...

Cheers,

Colin

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Cleaner lines in my book.

Incidentally, the term hatchback covers a variety of styles now, my preference being what's called a 'fastback liftback' !

As for the popularity of the 9000CS in the UK .....

" The term "liftback" ...... is almost never used in the United Kingdom, where liftback cars are particularly popular. There, 5-door liftbacks are in general called hatchbacks."

Maybe this helps explain the different reactions to the term ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Looks needn't have anything to do with it. This is a hatchback:-

and this isn't :-

The car below could happily be built as a hatchback without the outline changing at-all.

If it was, would you no-longer consider buying it?

Cheers,

Colin.

What the car looks like is completely down to the stylist. It

Reply to
Colin Stamp

The definition of 'hatchback' seem very open to interpretation.

The first booted car I saw that still looked like classic 'fastback' was a late

80's ? Seat. I couldn't understand the reason for making access to the load area so restricted.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore
[snip]

Dude, like, the reason why the work car park is full of silver to black 320d and A4 2.0 TDIs is also deeply sad...

I was entertained, sorry, told that the 320d was the drivers' choice and the A4 was the family choice. I think I had tea dribbling out of my ears. Gosh darn it I should never talk to the clueless ones when drinking tea.

Reply to
DervMan

I've been considering writing a book, "The Rise of the Idiots".

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Eeyore ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You should. I can't think of anybody with more insight on the subject.

Reply to
Adrian

I'm sure you'll feature in it. You're a classic example.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Eeyore ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Indeed.

As a "Before the rise".

Reply to
Adrian

No, we call them the same thing here

Reply to
Fred W

I would, and have bought hatchbacks and sedans both. You fellas are the ones all hung up about it having to be a hatchback and Graham says they look better.

Agreed. And I find that last example to be a beautiful car. I could care less that it doesn't have a hatchback. That's why I have a duplicate down in my garage this moment.

Reply to
Fred W

Bwaahhaaha. Touche

Reply to
Fred W

I don't want the world to be taken over by hatchbacks or anything, but I reserve the right to moan about the fact that none of the so-called "quality" brands seem to sell hatchbacks at-all.

Weird, it is.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Exactly my feelings on the matter too. I'd just like to see the option there. It worked brilliantly for Saab in the past. They've thrown away an advantage they once had.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

And get a noisier car. No thanks.

Pure rubbish.

It was the CS bodyshape that sold best. By a 'country mile'.

I too despair at the lack of a 'hatchback' body style on more upmarket cars. They're just so versatile. Saloons are just so damn boring and none has a rear wiper which in the rain driven UK is a serious handicap to visibility.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I've moved a fridge freezer in mine and last month no less than 5 office chairs.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore