Have Saab reintroduced hatchback yet?

johannes ( snipped-for-privacy@size-85635457321546-fitter.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Ummm, what about the Range-Rover...?

Reply to
Adrian

Nah, they are actually better. I have one, (Ford Exploder) but mostly for pulling my power boat. The cargo space with the seat down is quite impressive. It is quite literally the size of a small pickup truck (Ranger).

As to people carrying my old Exploder only has a single bendch rear, so capacity is 5 people.

Your comments apply more to the mini-van craze...

Reply to
Fred W

Just to clarify: The 9000 CD was produced 1988-1995, production stopped

3 years earlier than for the 9000 CS. That suggests that the hatchback was the definitive Saab 9000.

GM might was noticed that BMWs sold in huge numbers, that is also evident just from watching the traffic (South UK). So they wanted to re-focus for a slice of that market. The BMWs were positioned slightly higher up than Saabs at the time; more cylinders, RWD etc.

Reply to
johannes

OK, I mean the mass movement into SUVs everywhere started in the US.

Reply to
johannes

johannes ( snipped-for-privacy@size-85635457321546-fitter.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Odd, that - since there's several '97 CDs for sale on AutoTrader at the mo.

Reply to
Adrian

Odd indeed. It may have been registered fist time in 1997 and still produced in 1995?

I bought a FIAT 132 Special end-of-line offer in 1981. It did have some initial rust blistering which was fixed under warranty. One day I found a paint shop ticket behind the sun visor, it stated that the car had been in the factory's paint shop in 1978!

Reply to
johannes

It's based on observation. Same as science is.

You seriously think a 9000 is 'worn out' after 10 years ?

I'm beginning to really wonder why you even post here.

I can't wait to hear. How many CDs are here ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Just how thick are you ? Are you INTENTIONALLY misreading what I write ?

It's obvious from context I meant 'people carrier = 'mini van'.

A 'min van' in the UK is this .......

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Originall a genuine utility vehicle for the well-heeled. The early ones didn't have especially luxury trim. Basically a more comfortable Land Rover.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

johannes ( snipped-for-privacy@size-85635457321546-fitter.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

All of 'em?

Reply to
Adrian

Eeyore ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Silly me. I took "SUVs or 'people carriers' as we call them here" on face value...

Reply to
Adrian

Not sold in Europe. Vehicles that large simply aren't popular. Probably because we have smaller roads. I often drive on one that was first laid almost 2000 yrs ago when all they had to provide room for were carts and chariots..

But Exploders and their ilk don't figure in the European market. Actually, the Jeep Cherokee sells here but that's about it.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Entirely possible.

They did sell slowly as has been explained to you.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

When GM Europe introduced the mark 3 ? Astra, the convertible stayed as the previous model for several years in order to exhaust over-production.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I admit I phrased it badly.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Eeyore ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Right. So it's a supposition based on observation. Not a fact.

Many will be, yes. Worn out, bent, discarded as beyond economically viable repair. The usual things which kill older cars.

Except some people decide to repair/maintain on other reasons than sheer economic viability - often an inability to identify a suitable replacement

- in this case, a big exec-class hatch. After all, nobody makes 'em any more, because they didn't sell well when they did make 'em. Ergo, hatches may well survive better than saloons.

But since you didn't quite understand that the first couple of times I explained it to you, you probably won't now, either.

Because I want to. Why wouldn't I...?

Oh, wait, you're suggesting I'm a troll?

Nah, but that might be - it's from the right part of the world.

Go on, take a guess... Even you've got a fighting chance of getting it right in the allowed number of goes.

Lovely, an' all. Irrelevant, but lovely. I wonder what proportion of surviving c900s are turbos and/or convertibles? Do you think that's the same proportion as were originally sold new?

Tell you what, you come up with the sales figures to disprove that theory.

Reply to
Adrian

[...]

Nice to see the interest in 9000's on that link, I might add my

9000 CSE. We hear so much about the C900...
Reply to
johannes

Eeyore ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Wrong.

Adrian

Dunno, there could also be errors in AutoTrader, it happens...

Reply to
johannes

johannes ( snipped-for-privacy@size-85635457321546-fitter.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Ah, so the photos of P-reg 9000CDs are all photoshopped? Well, stranger things happen at sea, I s'pose.

Reply to
Adrian