head light failure

Hi,

2003 93 linear, 29k miles I have replaced 3 bulbs so far in one month - hi beam left, low beam left, hi beam right, now it says right low beam failure. does it sound weird so many light bulbs in such short time, Also they are pain in a... to replace - no space. Any trick anyone knows how to do it fast and easy? thanks, leon
Reply to
leon

Can't help with the replacement as my '03 has HIDs and have not needed to replace. But considering how quickly you are going through headlight bulbs I would check the charging voltage. A higher voltage will result in nice bright beams but shorten their lives considerably.

Also, FWIW, you could ask the dealer to eliminate the DRLs as that should extend the life of those bulbs some. I beleive your DRLs use the high beams with conventional headlights, but I could be wrong.

Reply to
Fred W

To eniminate DRL, do you not just take out a specific fuse, as on 9000's?

Reply to
Ken (the sane one)

No. Not on 9-3's sport sedans (from 2003 on) It is a dealer programmed option.

Reply to
Fred W

That is seriously crap! Another unnessesary money-maker for dealers

Reply to
Ken (the sane one)

Yes ... something like that. Neighbour with Mazda suffered the same eventually the dealer replaced the alternator and the problem went away.

:-) Charles

Reply to
Charles C.

Well, actually not... there are a lot of different ways that you can setup the headlight system to conform to different country's or individual's requirements.

Reply to
- Bob -