Headlight wipers

hope anyone can help

I cleared the quite heavy ice from my front and back windscreen but forgot to clear the headlights and now both headlight wipers are at a very strange angle and don't seem to want to move

anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem

Dave

Reply to
dave gore 2002

My headlight wipers sometimes do that, but move back in place next time I use the screen wipers.

Reply to
Johannes

You don't say what car it is.

On the 9-3 they're only triggered by using the washers, possibly only with the headlights on.

If you do that when they're free to move, they should park themselves.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Try pulling the blades away from the headlight so they snap into position pointing outward away from the car. Then, run the washers for several seconds (maybe with the headlights on depending on the model of the car). This insures that the blades will not run into the bumper or stop should they be so out of position. If your lucky when you snap the blades down against the glass they will be in the normal resting position. If not, you can undo the nut thet holds the blade on the splined shaft carefully tap off the blade and reset it to the normal position.

Reply to
R. Frist

"> I cleared the quite heavy ice from my front and back windscreen but forgot

Check the fuse. Cant remember what number it is but it will be in your manual. It is in the fuse box in the engine comparment.

Keith

Reply to
keith