HELP heater core WOE continues

Damn, replaced the heater core and then.....heater working, blower working, hot and cold air but the rubber hose (connected to bottom of core at firewall) split and sprayed coolant everywhere. Took a deep breath, babied the car home and cut the split out of the hose and inserted a male to male connector. Cleaned the coolant and ran the car. The hose split again ! this time at the other end of the hose near the engine block and now there seems to be evidence behind the drivers seat that coolant is continuing to pool up inside the car. Can anyone help me figure out this mess?

91 900 S with A/C
Reply to
waycoolstuff!

Hate to say it, but it sounds like you messed up the replacement. Time to remove the lower dash and take a look (with the engine running) at where it's leaking.

Reply to
Grunff

Aha, alternator very loose causing vibration right against the underside of the rubber hose. Eventually this caused a split on the underside of the hose so I replaced the hose (the one from the water pump) and bit the bullet. I think its working. (fingers crossed tightly) The lesson here: things aren't always as they seem so take everything apart which might be the cause and inspect visually outside of the engine compartment.

Reply to
waycoolstuff!