hesitates on acceleration

A few weeks ago i was mergeing on the highway, i was in third gear , the individual in front of me was going to damn slow, i floored the gas pedal, instead of launching from 70kph to at 100 in split sec that i expected it seemed to have lost wind and started choking on me , so i had to ease of f the pedal, and shift to forth. Next day it tried it again, same thing happened, I tried gradual acceleration, pushed third to 5000 rpm before shifting into forth no hesitation. I think it only happens step really hard on the gas pedal. Can anyboby help me?

Reply to
costa

Could be one of a number of things. What model + year? Turbo/non?

Reply to
Grunff

That's interesting, mine does the same thing..... I think mine is the clutch.....

Reply to
Kyle Easley

There really isn't any way the clutch could produce the symptoms described.

Reply to
Grunff

I have a '99 9-3 turbo , the regular to the se h.o. turbo. As soon as i ease off the gas it's stop having it's sort of epileptic seisure. I'm baffled. What's the fun in driving a car with turbo if you can't push it a bit?

Reply to
costa

bet it's the DI cassette starting to go. Same exact symptoms on my 99 9-5 about 6 months ago, stand on it and it starts missing but it'll run fine with no real load.

About 3-4 weeks later the damned thing died.

Reply to
Bill Jackson