How do I fix my heated seats?

I just bought a '97 900SE turbo, I am new to Saab and this is my first post. Is there an easy fix for the heated seats, fuses are good. Also what is the recommended manual to use, I've had Bentleys for all the VWs and Audis I've owned. I would also like to find some good web sites for info and parts.

Thanks in advance, Andy

Reply to
Andy Thibodeau

Welcome!

ive found the haynes to be pretty helpful for my 9000. good websites

is a very good place to ask questionslook at their links page, they have a whole load of good links there.http://www.speedparts.se is also worth checking out :) if your heated seats are anything like the ones on my car (chances are good) you would want to take the seat out, and check the heater element under it, it should be broken somewhere around there, maybe you have luck soldering it.

bye

simon

Reply to
Simon Putz

Yup - get the Bently -it's the best - IMHO. You can get the at the Saab dealer or on-line (Amazon.com, BarnesAndNoble.com, etc).

For the heated seats issue the Bentley book has the wiring diagrams. You can also find very helpful information here:

http://68.18.155.212/electrical_system_folder/seatheatindex.htm And this overall is one of the best sites on the web for technical info - again IMHO - here's the home page link:

http://68.18.155.212/default.htm Enjoy the Saab!

Reply to
saabturbo

I prefer the factory shop manuals - but they are pricey.

The heated seats use a heater grid. Typically the c> Yup - get the Bently -it's the best - IMHO. You can get the at the Saab

Reply to
ma_twain