How do I remove the rear roof rack?

I'm about to sell my '95 900 SE coupe (if anyone in Sydney, Australia, is interested), and can't figure out how to remove the rear roof rack. (The roof rack manufacturer fitted them for me.)

It looks like I have to remove the small piece of bodywork over the rear side window; is this correct?

If so it looks like I need to remove two screws: the rear one becomes accessible when the rear hatch is open, but the front one is mostly hidden by the rubber door seal. It may just be a matter of pulling this seal out of the way - assuming it's held by a lug pressing into a hole in the bodywork - but I'm not sure that's the case, don't want to tear it, and may be barking up completely the wrong tree.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks in advance, Steve = : ^ )

Reply to
Steve B.

I am assuming the 1995 900 SE coupe is not much different from the 1994

900 SE. The factory roof racks fit the same > I'm about to sell my '95 900 SE coupe (if anyone in Sydney, Australia, is
Reply to
ma_twain

Thanks for this, but maybe the '95 was a new model, or maybe it's deferent with third-part racks. I just checked with the local Saab repairers and I do have to remove a piece of bodywork by removing two screws, one of which requires me to peel back the rubber seal on the door to access. This then allows me to get at the end of a bolt over which the roof rack slips. With the piece of bodywork in place, I can see the bolt (through a slit in the roof), but only from above, whereas I need to slip the rack off the _end_ off the bolt. I hope you can make sense of my description.

Thanks, Steve = : ^ )

Reply to
Steve B.