How do I tell leather from leatherette ?

I have a '99 9-3 with black seats. I bought car used, and I have now started to wonder if the seats are leather or leatherette. Not that it would be important, I'm happy with them anyway. It would just be interesting to know.

So, how do I tell which one is it?

BR:Z

Reply to
Zon

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.vaisala.com, Zon at snipped-for-privacy@reply-to-group.please wrote on 06/03/2004 18:43:

Ask a fetishist? :) Smell it? :)

The 900s I've seen (OG and NG) have a tag attached to the top of the seat indicating the donor animal and usually suggesting Scotland as the origin. I'm not sure as to whether Saab continued that trend, or whether that was the case internationally. The tag is quite visible.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

I am not aware that 9-3's were ever sold with leatherette. At least not in the US...

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.