How's Installing A Water Pump?

1994 9000 CS turbo. Any nuances to know of, for instance? On a scale of 1-10 how difficult is it to do? How much time do I set aside?
Reply to
Valjean

I just had a water pump put in my saab 1992 by the dealer. cost was not bad and from what I could see you do need a lift. I think tey rebuild also ckeck saab site .com Good luck papa

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK

Not too bad. I did this on my wife's '97 9kcs. It can be done in about 2 hours with the appropriate tools. Remove the A/C compressor and lay it over on the fender (you do not open the system). The most difficult part for me was getting the coolant line back on the turbo. Make sure you have the o-rings and the gasket. I put a bit of grease on them to get them in. While I was there, I replaced the oil pump o-ring ands front main seal as well which took a bit longer.

KeithG

Valjean wrote:

Reply to
KeithG