How to Program a New Remote for my 1997 900SE Convertible 2.0 L Turbo

I just bought a 1997 Saab 900SE Convertible 2.0 L Turbo, which came with one key and one remote. I bought a couple of remotes and a couple of keys, but have been told that you have to take the car to the dealer to get them programmed. Is this true? If it is, how much would you to expect to pay to get a dealer to do the programming? If not, does anyone know how to program the remote and key?

THANKS! Paul

Reply to
Northern Lights