I love my C900 1because....

My 1989 900S 16V cost me the grand total of £150 four months ago. I took it for MOT today. It passed with flying colours! All I've done in the time I've had it is replace a washer jet.. fantastic! Pity about the jumping out of

3rd gear/reverse though....

Happy Saabing..! :-)

Mike

Reply to
Miaow

I'm rather fond of mine becuase it does this .........

Matt

Reply to
**-**

Oh, I know all about yours Matt... :-) I just wish I had the cash to buy another T16 after mine fell apart and got donated to my brother.. just waiting to see when Carl wants to flog his,...,

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

See the bottom of

Going to fund the Mid Engine 900 project.

Matt

Reply to
**-**

In article , snipped-for-privacy@tamate.com spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

Oh god, first Pete Tandino, and now you.

Oh, and possibly me, as it is getting a bit pricey to run it ATM as I'm broke.

But if I had the money, I would do the foolish thing and snap your arm off grabbing keys (then think about not being able to afford to run it later).

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Definitely! If it wasn't on the other side of the Atlantic I'd be very interested. That looks like an amazing car!!

Reply to
Gary Fritz

I've seen a similar specced engine wise car that pete Tandino owned, but that hadn't had anything like the level of exterior work/aerodynamics/windtunnel work that Matts has, Eric Van spelde was building an equally impressive looking monster in Saabine in Holland, with a Di conversion.

They go like poop.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

You and me both Carl. That is one nice car. Sadly I've only got around 1/5th of that to spend :-(

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, MeatballTurbo at snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com wrote on 22/07/2004 11:05:

"poop" being a good thing this side of the pond :)

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

Don't forget mine also has a chargecooling solution developed by Lotus and specced just for this car, brakes designed by Brembo again just for this car. In terms of power delivery it feels like a standard car, only with twice the clout. Oh and to build it, if you payed a reasonable £50 an hour for labour, test track time etc., would cost well over £100,000.

Its going to fund the M/R (mid engine RWD) project which will make F900 Evo

1/2 look a bit slow :)
Reply to
**-**

Yep, me too, with what I get back from selling the 900, then I'm going=20 to add in what is left after the remortgage (after we have paid off the=20 loans and cards, fitted double glazing, and re-decorated the dining room=20 (her ideas not mine)), plus what I can save in the next few=20 weeks/months, and maybe I would have about =A32k.

Enough to buy a decent enough 9000 (sadly not an aero which would be my=20 fuel economy excuse), a very good Alfa155 (much better on economy, and=20 dirt cheap to buy as people don't know the difference between the=20 cambelt 16v models and the early 8v models, and Alfas improvements in=20 rust prevention from the 80's on), or a fair condition Honda Prelude=20 VTEC (economy round town off cam (still drivable thanks to two cam=20 profiles) and 185BHP if you keep it in the VTEC zone (5250-7500 revs)=20 when you want to play, in a lighter smaller car).

Would prefer the 9k if I could get an Aero, but don't think I would be=20 getting much benefit from a lower spec model, because an=20 FPT/Carlsson/CSE would be just as thirsty and an LPT would be a bit=20 flat, although I did find the LPT a little more suited to my shape than=20 a C900, and so more comfortable, though I hate to say it.

--=20 The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

MeatballTurbo

Yep, me too, with what I get back from selling the 900, then I'm going to add in what is left after the remortgage (after we have paid off the loans and cards, fitted double glazing, and re-decorated the dining room (her ideas not mine)), plus what I can save in the next few weeks/months, and maybe I would have about £2k.

Enough to buy a decent enough 9000 (sadly not an aero which would be my fuel economy excuse), a very good Alfa155 (much better on economy, and dirt cheap to buy as people don't know the difference between the cambelt 16v models and the early 8v models, and Alfas improvements in rust prevention from the 80's on), or a fair condition Honda Prelude VTEC (economy round town off cam (still drivable thanks to two cam profiles) and 185BHP if you keep it in the VTEC zone (5250-7500 revs) when you want to play, in a lighter smaller car).

Would prefer the 9k if I could get an Aero, but don't think I would be getting much benefit from a lower spec model, because an FPT/Carlsson/CSE would be just as thirsty and an LPT would be a bit flat, although I did find the LPT a little more suited to my shape than a C900, and so more comfortable, though I hate to say it.

How big are you Carl :-)) I'm 6'1" and have been between 13.5 and 18 stone while I've had C900s and never had a problem. The only 9000 I drove just felt too big for me, but I love the 900, just want one with more go now. I'd like one of the last Carlsson models ideally, then tweak it sensibly. Cheers Mike

PS Anyone want a Redm G-reg (1989) 900S 16V? 12 months MOT, 2 months Tax. All OK apart from a small dent on front wing, and the fact it jumps out of reverse and third when it feels like it? Everything else works fine! What's it worth ? £300 ish?

Reply to
Mike P

In article , snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

6' 2", with long legs, and between 14 and 16stone.

Problem with the ride position is, the lower back support seems to be too high up, I need to have the seat back almost verticle, and because if that, I slip down the seat until I'm almost slouching, and my legs are too bent. If I back the seat off, the gears are a stretch (and so is the clutch for full travel compared to the rest of the pedals, if I have it where I have it now, gears are fine, but I'm lifting my foot up and over the clutch pedal when I rest it as there is no dead pedal. The 9000 felt better to me even without the dead pedal s there seemed to be more room to move arround, and that was only driving it a week without the time to dial everything in.

Only thing felt wrong about the 9k I had was, it was a bit too wallowy on bends, going in too fast and having to really work it to stay together. But it was a CDE LPT with 150+k miles on the clock. So that might explain the sogginess.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo