I'm afraid the 900 has to go very soon.

I didn't get a Prelude in the end, bought a Celica GT4 (4x4 turbo 200

+BHP).

Got it for a bargain price considering history and condition, but now I need the space as there isn't room to park both at the house.

Make me a stupid offer, you won't get the CD, or road tax, less buy the remaining 5 and a bit months, but you will have a decent car to play with for a gentle restoration.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Two problems :-)

You said you were doing it for money (you needed to reduce costs) oh well noone believes you now.

Probably everyone on this group already has a SAAB and probably most fanatics have or have had a classic 900 (I had two as old as yours is now).

You should really advertise it locally :-)

Regards Charles

Reply to
Charles Christacopoulos

I had a chance to buy a Classic 900 turbo hatchback with manual transmission and Red box. I could not justify the purchase to the spouse. :-( Already owning a 245 Turbo and Commemorative Classic 900 turbo/Red box/manual transmission did not exactly help . . . Space was not the problem.

Reply to
ma_twain

Well, it should be cheaper to maintain, and about the same to run, so I will save some money. And sometimes, the little devil on my left shoulder gets his way.

I've now got a better condition newer car, that will be as fuel efficient, and overall more cost efficient, and which is actually more comforable seating wise than the Saab, which was generally comfortable, but being tall, I could get the seat adjusted quite right. I got the Celica right within 2 minutes of getting for a test drive.

Agree most fanatics have had them in the past, some want them again. hance why I posted here. I would rather it go to a Saab fanatic, even one who will heavily modify it, or even use it as a parts donor, becuase I know it is either going into safe hands, or someone who will make genuine use of it, rather than just use it until the MOT runs out then scrap it.

I've probably spent about £1700 on it since I bought it 18 months ago (including buying it from a desperate seller), I've spent money on things that needed doing, I've invested time in taking it back and forward for the work, and on running maintenance, and gradually figuring out why it was only making base boost.

Even asking £1200 I would be at a loss of £500, but I expect that, you never get back what you put in financially, unless you do everything (full restoration) and it is already exceptionally rare, and desirable to begin with. I tried to make my original advert as honest and to the point as I could. Please do not think I was trying to con or fip off anyone. I just needed a change, and as I have the new car, I need space. if I wanted to scrap the car, I would just do that (they are actually payign to take scrap these days again), but I want someone else to have it, thats all. It would make an excellent winter hack at the very least, and it is bodily in far better condition than a lot of the newer 900's I see arround that are actually used as daily drivers.

I have one or two ads out there, but would rather a Saab nut would take it on for the reason I gave about.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo