ignition key in 2003 9.3

I have a 2003 9.3. I have been told that leaving the ignition key in the "lock" position will drain the battery. Is this true?

Reply to
Richard Erde

Richard,

Yes, it will. The data busses stay powered up and draw current. I left a key in a 03 9-3SS in the shop where I work overnight. The car was dead the next day.

Steve Crowe, Master Saab Tech snipped-for-privacy@citlink.net Harpers Ferry, WV

Reply to
Steve Crowe

Steve,

Thanks for the info. I am worried that if I leave it like that at a parking garage for three to four hours the battery will be drained. In spite of instructions, a parking attendant might still leave the key in the lock position. They are used to leaving keys in ignitions.

Reply to
Richard Erde

I couldn't possibly imagine leaving my Aero with someone else to park. The thought makes me shiver at what would happen to my car while I'm not watching it and someone else is driving.

Les

1993 9k Aero black/black... 163k km

Richard Erde wrote:

Reply to
corvair$$$

Carry an extra battery in the trunk. Then if the battery is dead when you get back you can easily jump-start it. Some stores (eg Sam's Club) carry battery packs designed specifically for carrying around and jump-starting your own car when needed. These packs have the jumper cable clips built-in. I've needed mine on more than one occaison!

-D

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson