Ignition problems/ 1994 conv 900s

After replacing my crank pulley my car will not start. I then put in new ignition cables, coil, rotor and distributor cap. Still will not start. I don't seem to be getting any spark. Any suggestions

Reply to
TonyF

Need more info. Are you saying you changed the crank pulley, did nothing else, and it wouldn't start? Turns over, but no start?

Reply to
Grunff

Exactly. turns over but will not start. Yesterday i removed the crank pulley again to inspect the plate that mounts on the back of the pulley, it's damaged. I have a new one on order and think this might be the problem. From what i understand it tells the ignition system when the #1 cylinder is in the correct position.

Reply to
TonyF

Look at the Security system. If the motor turn but does not start they ignition breaker is still operating. I dont have the english word for it so I can only hope you understand what I mean.

Pieter "TonyF" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Planet