injector fuel lines

I am looking for a source for NOS or aftermarket fuel lines that go from fuel distributor to injectors on my '83 900 turbo... my #4 injector line has a crack and is leaking and a new one from Saab must be ordered from Sweden (I am in Canada, two weeks minimum shipping time). Not to mention the cost. I would like to replace them all as the plastic is quite brittle after 20 years and I'll probably crack another one by the time I extricate the #4 from the plastic race that holds all 7 fuel lines across the intake manifold.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Dave

Reply to
David Spear

Find a friendly hydraulics shop near you - they are *everywhere* once you start looking for them (at least in the UK they are).

Take along your crappy brittle plastic pipes, and get them to make you a set in stainless braided PTFE. They will be flexible, last forever, and shouldn't cost very much. A few years back I had a set made for £50 (~US$80).

Reply to
Grunff

You ar in Canada. I believe you can receive parts from the US without customs problems and the dollar is moving in your favour. I have used Goldwing to my great satisfaction. Such thigs as diverse as Ignition module, wheels, shifter, refigeration manifold...

There are on the web but if you have difficulty post or email me at snipped-for-privacy@jhu.edu omitting the xxx which is there for the trawlers and I can send you email, phone or address. BTW, when I boght the module, they sent me as promotion, three well performing frisbies which my grandsons has enjoied at the Delaware Beach house.

Regards to all,

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

Pulled a whole set off of an '85 wreck for $30 on the weekend... although I did manage to source one out of the U.S. as you suggested. $94 plus shipping. I order stuff from the States all the time and never know what to expect by way of customs duties... sometimes my stuff slips through without problem, other times I end up paying half the value (or more!) in taxes, duties, or other "administrative fees" levied by the shipping companies (they all do it).

thanks for the suggestion though.

Car certa>

Reply to
David Spear

I order stuff from the States all the time and never know what to

I think highly of my guy . Under the free automotive trade pact you should not have to pay excise or customs. It depends on how you supplier declares them.

Good luck

PS I was born in St. Catharines and my kids live round Toronto an/Niagara

Reply to
Malcolm

Reply to
Happy-camper

My understanding is that fedx manages to be cheaper, all things considered. Since I've not had the situation... I can't comment by direct experience. It's the brokerage fees that don't seem to happen.

Harvey

Reply to
Harvey White

Yeah, I find it a real source of frustration... why is it that I have to pay GST & PST on something that's NOT EVEN AVAILABLE in Canada? And they wonder why folks near enough to the US border get mailboxes (i.e. mailing addresses) in the States and become impromptu small-time smugglers... The only ones that make out here are the shipping companies doing their own customs brokering. Too bad they don't have a "will-hold" window at the border so I could just drive down and pick my shit up and drag it across myself.

Reply to
David Spear